I am a graduate student researcher in the Computer Science department of the University of Chicago. Formerly Garuda Ilmu Komputer (GIK) Lab member. I made SigCap.
- Multi-RAT Coexistence
- Unlicensed Spectrum Reuse
- Next Generation Wireless Technology
- Wireless Network Optimization
- Smartphone-based Wireless Network Measurement
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, The University of Chicago (2024)
- Master in Computer Science (as a part of Ph.D.), The University of Chicago (2021)
- Master in Computer Science, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST) Taiwan (2016)
- Bachelor in Informatics, Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology (ITS) Indonesia (2012)
For a full up-to-date list, please visit my Google Scholar Page.
- M.I. Rochman, V. Sathya, D. Fernandez, N. Nunez, A.S. Ibrahim, W. Payne, and M. Ghosh, "A comprehensive analysis of the coverage and performance of 4G and 5G deployments," in 2023 Elsevier Computer Networks. Preprint:
- S. Dogan-Tusha, M.I. Rochman, A. Tusha, H. Nasiri, J. Helzerman, and M. Ghosh, "Evaluating The Interference Potential in 6 GHz: An Extensive Measurement Campaign of A Dense Indoor Wi-Fi 6E Network," in 2023 ACM WiNTECH.
- M.I. Rochman, V. Sathya, W. Payne, M. Yavuz, and M. Ghosh, "A Measurement Study of the Impact of Adjacent Channel Interference between C-band and CBRS," in 2023 IEEE PIMRC.
- V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, T.V. Pasca, and M. Ghosh, "Impact of hidden node problem in association and data transmission for LAA Wi-Fi coexistence," in 2022 Elsevier Computer Communications. Preprint:
- M.I. Rochman, V. Sathya, and M. Ghosh, "Outdoor-to-Indoor Performance Analysis of a Commercial Deployment of 5G mmWave," in 2022 IEEE FNWF.
- M.I. Rochman, D. Fernandez, N. Nunez, V. Sathya, A.S. Ibrahim, M. Ghosh, and W. Payne, "Impact of Device Thermal Performance on 5G mmWave Communication Systems," in 2022 IEEE CQR.
- A. Narayanan, M.I. Rochman, A. Hassan, B.S. Firmansyah, V. Sathya, M. Ghosh, F. Qian, Z.L. Zhang, "A Comparative Measurement Study of Commercial 5G mmWave Deployments," in 2022 IEEE INFOCOM.
- A. Ramamurthy, V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, M. Ghosh, "ML-Based Classification of Device Environment Using Wi-Fi and Cellular Signal Measurements," in 2022 IEEE Access.
- M.I. Rochman, V. Sathya, N. Nunez, D. Fernandez, M. Ghosh, A.S. Ibrahim, and W. Payne, "A Comparison Study of Cellular Deployments in Chicago and Miami Using Apps on Smartphones," in 2021 ACM WiNTECH.
- M.I. Rochman, Y. Anistyasari, "CONMIQ Multicast: A Scalable Multicast Video Streaming in LTE Networks," in 2021 ICVEE.
- V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, and M. Ghosh, "Hidden-nodes in Coexisting LAA & Wi-Fi: A Measurement Study of Real Deployments," in 2021 IEEE Workshop 16 ICC.
- V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, and M. Ghosh, "LAA/Wi-Fi Coexistence Issues: Wi-Fi Client Association and Data Transmission," presented at IEEE 802.11 Meeting Jan 13th, 2021, IEEE 802.11-20/1973r0.
- M. Ghosh, V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, and W. Payne, "Broadband Wireless Network Measurements Using Smartphones," in 2021 NSF Workshop on Overcoming Measurement Barriers to Internet Research (WOMBIR).
- V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, and M. Ghosh, "Measurement-Based Coexistence Studies of LAA & Wi-Fi Deployments in Chicago," in Wireless Communications 28 (1), pp. 136-143, 2020.
- V. Sathya, A. Ramamurthy, M.I. Rochman, and M. Ghosh, "QoS guaranteed radio resource scheduling in stand-alone unlicensed MulteFire," in 2020 IEEE 3rd 5G World Forum (5GWF), pp. 86-91.
- V. Sathya, S.M. Kala, M.I. Rochman, M. Ghosh, and S. Roy, "STANDARDIZATION ADVANCES FOR CELLULAR AND WI-FI COEXISTENCE in the Unlicensed 5 and 6 GHz Bands," in GetMobile: Mobile Computing and Communications 24 (1), pp. 5-15.
- A. Dziedzic, V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, M. Ghosh, and S. Krishnan, "Machine Learning for Fair Spectrum Sharing in Dense LTE Wi-Fi Coexistence," in IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology 1, pp. 173-189, 2020.
- M. Ghosh, V. Sathya, M.I. Rochman, M. Mehrnoush, and S. Roy, "Coexistence of LTE-LAA and Wi-Fi: Analysis simulation and experiments," presented in P802. 11 Coexistence SC Workshop, 2019.
- M.I. Rochman, V. Sathya, and M. Ghosh, "Impact of changing energy detection thresholds on fair coexistence of Wi-Fi and LTE in the unlicensed spectrum," 2017 Wireless Telecommunications Symposium (WTS), Chicago, IL, pp. 1-9.
Email: muhiqbalcr at uchicago dot edu